The City of Green Drug Task Force Hosts an Awareness Event on Human Trafficking, October 14
GREEN, OH – The Green Drug Task Force Human Trafficking Committee is hosting a panel discussion on Saturday, October 14 at 10 am at the Green High School Auditorium, 1474 Boettler Road, to learn about what human trafficking looks like in our area. The event is free and teens 13+ and adults are encouraged to attend.
Attendees will learn what human trafficking looks like locally by hearing from nationally renowned experts and listening to firsthand accounts from local survivors. They will also gain insight into how traffickers manipulate and control victims, and how to identify the signs of trafficking and how to get help.
The event will be moderated by Tim Ott, a community member and chair of the Green Task Force Human Trafficking Committee. The following experts will make up the panel:
- Kwami Adoboe-Herrera -- Survivor featured in the movie documentary “Break the Chain,” and an appointed member of the U.S. Advisory Council on Human Trafficking
- Dr. Carl Ralston -- Founder & CEO of Remember Nhu -International Leader in Child Sex Trafficking prevention
- Melissa Brown -- Founder, CEO & Board Secretary of Safe Harbor, an Ohio Safe House
- Hannah Blair -- Survivor and Advisory Council Ambassador for the Ohio Attorney General Human Trafficking Commission
- Teresa Merriweather -- Survivor, Human Trafficking expert and member of Global Alliance Human Trafficking Task Force
- Carli Gardner -- Local Survivor
Livestream and recording of the event available at www.youtube.com/cityofgreenohio
City of Green Drug Task Force
The City of Green Drug Task Force is a committee made up of business leaders, elected officials, first responders, health care professionals, students, and community members dedicated to helping members of the community battling addiction and drug abuse. Recently, the Drug Task Force has branched out to raise awareness about mental health and human trafficking issues in our community.
The Drug Task Force also provides resource guides, drug deactivation kits, and educational materials to community members. The Task Force meets every other month on the first Tuesday of the month.
Learn more at www.cityofgreen.org/drugtaskforce
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive, and promising city with more than 27,475 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org.
# # #