Infrastructure Projects Slated for 2023 in the City of Green
UPDATED (3/10/2023) GREEN, OH -- The following infrastructure projects are slated to be completed this year in the City of Green. While several are managed by the City of Green, there are many completed by local utilities and agencies or developers. The City will provide updates to the public on any project that may impact traffic; however, at times the City does not receive timely notice from those completing the work. We will do our best to keep residents apprised of any potential delays to traffic.
To ensure you are informed, please sign up for the City of Green text message service by texting GREENOH to 99411. It is advisable to fully complete the text messaging form with your Green address to receive the most up-to-date information. Text messages are often customized to a specific area of the city based on location.
The following projects are scheduled for construction within the City of Green this year. As dates of specific closures or work are confirmed, this information will be updated and shared. Please note, that all dates are subject to change and all projects are weather dependent.
Projects Anticipated to Begin in March 2023
- King Drive culvert replacement. The City of Green is replacing a culvert across King Drive located between Shriver Road and Greensburg Road. King Drive will be closed to through traffic March 6 from Shriver and Greensburg Road for approximately 3-4 weeks. Local traffic will have access to their homes from Shriver Road. The posted detour is Melanie Drive.
- (COMPLETED)Aultman and Greensburg Road Sewer Project. Greensburg Road will be closed for three days beginning March 7 for a lateral sanitary sewer connection near the intersection of Aultman and Greensburg Road. Greensburg Road will be closed to through traffic from Mayfair Road to Aultman Road. The posted detour for Greensburg Road is Aultman Road to Mayfair Road. Local access will be maintained.
- Cottage Grove Culvert – Beginning March 20, the City of Green is installing a storm water pipe across the road in the vicinity of 4034 Cottage Grove Road, approximately 200 ft south of the Green Family Worship Center. Work is expected to take 2-3 days. Traffic will be maintained with flaggers.
- Pickle Road Culvert Replacement. Beginning March 27, Pickle Road will be closed at Ashwood Road for approximately one week for a culvert replacement.
Projects Anticipated to Begin in April or May
- Raber Road at Massillon Road. AT&T will be working in their service vault on Raber Road near the Massillon Road roundabout. Due to the location in the eastbound lane near the roundabout, the work will be conducted at night with a nightly closure of the east bound lane of Raber Road at Massillon. Daytime traffic will not be affected. This work is anticipated to take 3-5 days. A specific start date has not been determined at this time.
- SR 619 widening west of Massillon Road to improve access to VC Station, the new apartment complex, is set to begin the week of April 3. Traffic will be maintained throughout the construction, although some delays are anticipated. The project is expected to be completed by the end of May. When completed, there will be a center turn lane at Miller Park Road and the main entrance to VC Station.
- Killinger and Christman Road Dominion Gas Line Installation. Dominion Gas will extend gas lines down Killinger Road to Christman Road this spring. Traffic will be maintained with temporary lane closures. The specific dates of this work are yet to be determined.
Projects Anticipated to Begin in Summer
- Raber Road Trail. This summer, the City of Green will begin the construction of the Raber Road multi-use path. The project includes extending the sidewalk on the south side of Raber from Troon Drive to Mayfair Road and realigning the road. Throughout the project, multiple road closures are anticipated. Beginning with a closure from Glen Eagles Drive to Mayfair Road for 30 days; followed by a closure from Glen Eagles to Troon Road. Access to Mayfair Country Club and Prestwick Country Club will be maintained throughout the project. The project is anticipated to begin in late May/early summer and extend through August.
- Christman Road Bridge. The Summit County Engineers office is beginning the replacement of the Christman Road bridge, which has been closed since June 2022 due to unsafe conditions. The project is anticipated to be completed by fall 2023.
- Mayfair Road and Mount Pleasant Roundabout. This project is being managed by Stark County Engineer and anticipated to begin this summer. More details to come.
- Arlington Road at Southwood Drive. A temporary light and turn lane will be added to Arlington Road at Southwood Drive as the new Southwood Drive extension is built by the developer this summer. Southwood Drive to Fortuna Drive is anticipated to open by the end of the year. More details to come.
- Summer Resurfacing and micro surfacing Projects. Once the final bids are received, the City will be able to release the list of neighborhood streets slated for resurfacing or micro surfacing this summer. As always, our plan is to complete these resurfacing projects in the summer when school is not in session, if weather and scheduling permits.
- Massillon Road South project. The second year of this multi-season construction project continues. Learn more at cityofgreen.org/241
With all projects that impact our public roadways, the City of Green engineering department notifies all services including safety services, Republic Waste, post office, RTA Bus, etc. of any changes to routes. Questions or concerns about any of these projects may be directed to the City of Green Engineering Department at 330-896-6615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with
more than 27,475 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org.
# # #