Green Active Adults Announces New Programs For Seniors in 2023
GREEN, OH -- The City of Green Parks and Recreation Division is pleased to share our expanded Green Active Adult programming offerings for the spring and summer. Geared for those 50 years of age or older, these programs feature educational classes and activities, bus trips, monthly lunches, and fitness classes.
Educational Classes & Activities
- Greeting Card Classes – Beginning March 1 at the John Torok Community Center, 4224 Massillon Rd, at 11 a.m. The class has a fee of $10, which includes the materials to get creative and make greeting cards for friends and loved ones. This class will be held on the first Wednesday of each month through December. Registration is required, call 330-896-6621 or email email@example.com
- Watercolor Classes – This is a four-week watercolor painting class taught by Kathleen Clark, owner of the Lil' Art Shop, at the John Torok Community Center, 4224 Massillon Rd, at 1 p.m. Classes are Wednesdays March 8 – March 29 with a fee of $75 per person plus $55 supply fee. Registration is required, call 330-896-6621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Therapy Classes – The next music therapy class will take place on March 3 at the John Torok Community Center, 4224 Massillon Rd, at 1 p.m. This class has a fee of $10 per person per class and is led by a board-certified music therapist. The class will be held on the first Friday of each month through December. Registration is required, call 330-896-6621 or email email@example.com.
- Game Days – Games days are held at the John Torok Community Center, 4224 Massillon Rd, at 1 p.m. The game days are held every Thursday. All are welcomed to attend these free events. For more information about game days please call the Parks and Recreation Office at 330-896-6621.
- Toning –Held at the John Torok Community Center, 4224 Massillon Rd, free weekly toning classes are offered on Mondays at 1 p.m. Registration is not required. Classes will not take place if inclement weather or no schools days.
- Green Active Dance Lessons – Line dancing, ballroom, and tap lessons are being held at the Central Park Community Hall, 1755 Town Park Blvd. 11 a.m. The next five week session begins March 13. There is a $45 fee for a five-week session. Times vary per class and registration is required, call 330-896-6621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green Active Adult Monthly Lunches are on an on-your-own basis, meaning transportation and payment are the responsibility of the attendees. Those who wish to attend should meet at the below locations at the time and dates stated. Must RSVP to attend at 330-896-6621 or email email@example.com.
- March 7: Sunrise Social – 3875 Massillon Rd Suite 20, 11:30 a.m.
- April 4: Pancho’s – 4335 Massillon Rd, 11:30 a.m.
- May 2: Menches – 3700 Massillon Rd, 11:30 a.m.
- June 6: Jerzee’s – 1019 East Turkeyfoot Lake Rd, 11:30 a.m.
- July 11: The Town Tavern – 1840 Town Park Blvd, 11:30 a.m.
- August 1: El Fogon – 1080 Interstate Pkwy, 11:30 a.m.
- September 5: Sunrise Social Brunch – 3875 Massillon Rd, 11:30 a.m.
- October 3: TGI Friday’s – 1039 Interstate Pkwy, 11:30 a.m.
- November 7: LaLa’s – 4315 Manchester Rd, 11:30 a.m.
- December 5: The Ramp – 3719 S Main St, 11:30 a.m.
The Green Active Adults bus trip is going to MGM/Northfield Park Racino on Thursday, April 27. The bus for the trip will be departing from Queen of Heaven Church at 9 a.m. promptly. There is a $38 fee per person that includes transportation only. Must register online at www.cityofgreen.org or with the Parks and Recreation Office at 330-896-6621. Reservations are on a first come, first serve basis with limited seats. The deadline to register is Friday, April 14, 2023.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 27,475 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org.
# # #