2021 Resurfacing in Green Begins April 14
Green, OH – The City of Green is resurfacing approximately 14.57 lane miles in 2021 including the following roads:
- Mt. Pleasant Road from South Arlington St. to Main St.
- Steese Road from Greensburg Road to Shriver Road
- David Court
- Oakwood Way/Walnut Wood Way (small section to the dead end)
- Several roads in the following neighborhoods:
- Homewood Farms* neighborhood including Samoa Dr., Luzon Circle, Mindora Drive, Bali Road, Tahiti Drive, Panay Drive, Malta Drive and Shrakes Hotel Drive.
- Wampetek Village neighborhood including Logan Circle, Magua Drive, Uncas Dr., Shikellamy Drive, Gunarh Drive, Cayugas Drive, Tahgajute Drive, Shamokin Drive, and Nokomis Drive.
The contractor will begin work on April 14 in the Homewood Farms and Wampetek Village neighborhoods as well as David Court and Oakwood Way/Walnut Wood Way.
The process for repaving takes approximately 12 weeks. Repaving is completed in six stages beginning with storm sewer repairs, driveway apron removal, and milling, followed by the base layer installed by the contractor. Then our inhouse service crews complete the paving. The final step in the process of reinstalling driveway aprons to transition to the new road, which is completed by the contractor.
Mount Pleasant Road and Steese Road is slated to be completed later in the summer. Date to begin these roads has yet to be determine.
Additionally, Moore Road, Greensburg Road (Woodland to Shriver), Sweitzer Rd, and Wise Road (Mayfair to the East Corporate Limit) are expected to receive a pavement preservation treatment to extend the life of the pavement. Specific dates for the pavement preservation treatment are yet to be determined.
Visit www.cityofgreen.org/resurfacing for updates.
*Only sections of these roads within the City of Green are being resurfaced.
The City of Green, Ohio, founded in 1992, is a prosperous, progressive and promising city with more than 25,000 residents. Approximately 33.5 square-miles, Green is located in southern Summit County. Visit www.cityofgreen.org. # # #