NOTICE: Due to the spike in COVID-19 cases, the Income Tax Division is assisting taxpayers by appointment only.
Income tax amnesty available November 2, 2020 through January 29,2021
The City of Green will be offering an amnesty program to collect delinquent income taxes.
The amnesty program is a voluntary compliance program. The City of Green is offering a ONE-TIME income tax amnesty program as an opportunity to “wipe the slate clean” and encourage future compliance. Beginning November 2, 2020 through January 29, 2021, the City will allow residents and businesses to:
- File outstanding tax return(s) and pay the outstanding tax and half of the late filing fee in full without penalties and interest
- Pay outstanding tax balance(s) and half of the late filing fee without penalties and interest
- Pay outstanding penalties only balance(s) at a 50% reduced rate
The City of Green Income Tax Division will prepare your Green tax return for free. Appointments are recommended. The Green Income Tax Division is located in the Central Administration Building located at 1755 Town Park Blvd. The Tax Division can address any questions or concerns regarding this one-time tax amnesty in person, by phone at (330) 896-6622, or by email at email@example.com during regular business hours of 8:00am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The Central Administration Building will be closed on November 11th, 26th and 27th, December 25th, and January 1st and 18th.
- What is tax amnesty?
- When is tax amnesty?
- Who qualifies for tax amnesty?
- Who must file a City of Green tax return?
- How do I take advantage of tax amnesty?
- Which document(s) are needed in order to make my individual tax return(s) “complete”?
- Why should I take advantage of tax amnesty?
- What if I do not take advantage of tax amnesty?
- How do I know how much I owe?
- What are your office hours?
- What if I cannot pay my taxes in full?
- What happens to the waived penalties, interest and late filing fee if I miss a payment?
- I currently have a payment plan. Can I add any additional taxes I owe to my payment plan?
- What is the City of Green’s tax rate?
- Do I receive credit for taxes paid to other cities?
- What if I have other questions not listed in this FAQ?