Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Citizens for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strives to promote, encourage and celebrate a community where all feel welcome and included.
Our Vision: A City where all residents feel appreciated, involved, heard, understood, connected, supported and embraced for our differences and have equal opportunities to thrive.
Our Mission: Promote intentional efforts leading Green to become a place where:
- We embrace, appreciate, and celebrate our differences;
- The diverse fabric of our community is engaged in all facets, including government, businesses, and civic organizations and leadership of those organizations, in turn, reflects all aspects of our community;
- All feel welcomed for who they are and valued for the uniqueness we all bring to the table;
- Barriers are removed that may discourage all residents from reaching their full potential.
• Steering & Advisory: Sharing our mission, visions and goals with the community
• Outreach: Identify ways to make existing events and activities more inclusive
• Education: Expand the initiative to incorporate Green Local Schools
Last Saturday of the month
Central Administration Building, 1755 Town Park Blvd.
All meetings will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams Live. Link to meeting is available at www.cityofgreen.org/diversity. Meetings begin at 9 a.m.
Saturday, September 25: Guest Speaker: Lucinda Williams Adams, a long-time Dayton educator, and an Olympic gold medalist. This meeting is virtual via Microsoft Teams. Please email email@example.com for the link.
All are invited to attend. For those interested in getting involved, contact Councilperson Rocco Yeargin for more information.