New Seasons Planned Development
- M Schmahl, Great Development, Limited Liability Company
- Location: Southeast corner of Massillon/Wise Roads
- Request for Final Rezoning
- Status: Under Review
Approximately 20.5 acres of land at the southeast corner of Massillon and Wise Roads. The plan proposes a residential cluster home development consisting of 74 fee-simple lots. The rezoning request associated with this conceptual plan is for 20.5 acres from R-1/B-1/B-3 to Planned Development. The site would exceed the five acre minimum for the creation of this type of Planned Development.
The site consists of six parcels of land with four separate owners. These parcels are currently under option to Great Development Limited Liability Company, developer of the project. The site includes an:
- 8.7 acre property fronting on Wise Road that contains a vacant single-family residence (zoned R-1)
- 6.75 acre single-family residential property abutting to the south that fronts on Massillon Road (zoned R-1/B-1)
- A contiguous 3.6 acre Massillon Road property to the south that is split-zoned between B-3 (front half) and R-1 (rear)
- Three parcels that comprise the former Green Farms market/greenhouse operation on Massillon Road (zoned B-1)
Water & Waterways
The site is bounded by the Greensburg Heights Allotment to the east, Pancho’s Southwestern Grille to the north, and additional single-family residential along Wise Road and to the south along Massillon Road. Other than a small drainage ditch, there are no significant bodies of water or waterways on site. Per preliminary mapping, four small wetlands are indicated. All are in areas that would cause their disturbance/mitigation, which will require the appropriate approvals/permits.
The developer has obtained a franchise for an Epcon Community, which are maintenance-free/lifestyle-oriented communities. The Epcon operation was founded in Dublin, Ohio and has expanded in the Columbus area and beyond over the years. A signature element of these communities are zero-lot-line dwellings that form private courtyard areas between units. Fee-simple lots, as shown, would range from 6,466 square feet to 19,818 square feet which exceeds the 5,000 square feet minimum lot area requirement.
All lots would meet the 40 feet minimum width requirement. Overall density within the District would comply at 3.61 units per acre (8 units per acre maximum).